‘Gas grid connection obligation for buildings at cities’
In his opening speech at the INGAS Symposium, Yaşar Arslan, the Chairman of GAZBIR, drew attention to the high level of the air pollution in certain cities, even before the beginning of winter.
(Enerji IQ – 11 Nov. 2015) Yaşar Arslan, the Chairman of GAZBIR, gave a key note speech at the opening of the IGAS International Natural Gas Symposium, which was hosted by IGDAŞ in Istanbul and made clear statements concerning the expectations of the natural gas distribution sector. Arslan, who pointed out that the natural gas market had approximately tripled in size in the last 10 years, said that these developments in the preceding period had increased the expectations for the future. Yaşar Arslan, the Chairman of GAZBIR, who stated that their priorities were the safety and security of supply and fast and reliable service, continued as follows:
“We need first of all to find resources in order to bring the notion of a service which is focused on the safety and security of supply and customer satisfaction to a better point. As you know, in contrast with electricity, natural gas is a service which it is possible to replace. Unlike electricity, not everyone is required to use natural gas. It may become legally required for buildings to connect to the gas distribution grid in the regions where natural gas is available, in order to prevent air pollution. There are important responsibilities here for the governors’ offices and local administrations.”
Yaşar Arslan, the Chairman of GAZBIR, who emphasised the high levels reached by air pollution in certain cities, even before the start of winter, said, “The Afyonkarahisar Governor’s Office immediately took some precautions on this matter. The extending of these precautions is very important both for the environment and the optimisation of the investments.”
Municipalities must provide support
Yaşar Arslan, the Chairman of GAZBIR, expressed the expectations of the natural gas distribution sector from the local administrations as follows:
- The municipalities must provide support to network investments, on the subject of superstructure. However, some problems have begun together with the new metropolis legislation. Asphalt destruction fees should be limited to the cost of the asphalt. We collect this fee through the tariff in any case, but our investment ceiling is reduced because of it.
- The municipalities need to prevent uncontrolled digging and assist in ensuring the security of the system.
- Turkey signed MoU for Qatar LNG 17 Ocak 2016
- ‘Gas grid connection obligation for buildings at cities’ 17 Ocak 2016
- Turkey adopted curtailment procedure 17 Ocak 2016